JLab JBuds Air is a famous pair of true wireless earbuds that offer excellent sound quality and value. However, some users have reported that their jlab JBuds Air is not connecting to each other. This issue can be quite vexing, but there are several approaches you can attempt to resolve it.
If you encounter this issue, take comfort in knowing that you’re not the only one experiencing it. There are a few possible reasons why your JBuds Air won’t connect, and there are a few things you can try to fix.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the most common reasons why JLab and JBuds Air can’t connect to each other. We will also provide some tips on how to resolve this issue. So, if you’re having trouble getting your JBuds Air to work, read on for help!
Why might your JLab JBuds Air not be Connecting to each other?
Several factors can contribute to JLab JBuds Air earbuds not connecting to each other, frustrating users who want a smooth audio experience. Here are some common reasons:
1. Incompatible Pair:
When your JLab JBuds Air earbuds are not connecting to each other, it may be due to an incompatible pairing. To fix this, first disconnect them from your device, then reconnect the earbuds according to the manufacturer’s instructions. A properly matched pair ensures a smooth listening experience.
2. Low battery:
A low battery level in one or both earbuds may disrupt their connection. To combat this, make sure both earbuds have enough charge. Charging them fully before use can help prevent connectivity issues.
3. Outdated Software/Firmware:
Outdated software or firmware can hinder communication between earbuds. Check and install updates regularly to keep your JLab JBuds Air working smoothly.
4. Bluetooth Interference:
Bluetooth interference from nearby devices or Wi-Fi networks can weaken the connection. Reduce interference by moving away from crowded wireless environments or turning off unnecessary Bluetooth devices when using your earbuds.
To resolve these issues, users can try resetting the earbuds, making sure both earbuds have enough battery life, updating the firmware, troubleshooting for interference, and If the problem persists, you can contact customer support.
Related: how to pair Raycon Earbuds
Fix JLab JBuds Air Not Connecting to Each Other
Resetting your JLab JBuds Air can fix connectivity issues by clearing any software bugs or glitches that are preventing them from connecting to each other. It can also help resolve pairing issues and other audio issues.
Fix 1: To reset your JLab JBuds Air
- Place both earbuds in the charging case.
- Press and hold the touch sensors on both earbuds for 10 seconds.
- The earbuds will flash red and blue, indicating they are resetting.
- After the earbuds are reset, they will turn off.
- Take the earbuds out of the charging case and link them to your device.
- Be careful not to press the touch sensors too hard, as this may damage the earbuds.
- Do not reset your JBuds Air while charging, as this may damage the battery.
Why Reset Can Fix Connectivity Issues
When you reset your JLab JBuds Air, you are essentially erasing all settings and data saved on the earbuds. This includes any pairing information, audio profiles, and other customizations. By resetting the earbuds, you’re giving them a fresh start and eliminating any potential software bugs or glitches that are preventing them from connecting.
Fix 2: Checking Bluetooth Settings
Incorrect Bluetooth settings can sometimes prevent your JLab JBuds Air from connecting to your device. To verify your Bluetooth settings, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings app.
- Tap on “Bluetooth”.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Tap the name of your JLab JBuds Air in the list of paired devices.
- Make sure both the “Media Audio” and “Phone Calls” options are enabled.
If your JLab JBuds Air is not listed in the list of paired devices, you will need to pair them again. To do this, follow these steps:
- Place both earbuds in the charging case.
- Open the charging case and press and hold the button on the back of the case for 5 seconds.
- The earbuds will flash red and blue, indicating they are in pairing mode.
- On your device, go to your Bluetooth settings and tap on the name of your JLab JBuds Air.
- The earbuds will pair with your device.
Bluetooth troubleshooting tips:
If you’re still having trouble connecting your JLab JBuds Air to your device, try the following troubleshooting tips.
- Restart your device and your JLab JBuds Air.
- Make sure your JLab JBuds Air is charged.
- Try connecting your JLab JBuds Air to a different device.
- Try going to another location. There may be interference from other Bluetooth devices in your area.
- Check for dirt or debris in the charging contacts on the earbuds and charging case.
- If you are using a case with the JLab JBuds Air, try removing it. Some cases may interfere with the Bluetooth connection.
If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still having trouble pairing your JLab JBuds Air, you may need to contact JLab Customer Support for further assistance.
Fix 3: Firmware update
Firmware is the software that controls the inner workings of your JLab JBuds Air. It’s important to keep your firmware up to date to ensure your earbuds are performing at their best and to fix any bugs or security vulnerabilities.
To verify for firmware updates, adhere to these steps:
- Open the JLab Air app.
- Tap on the “Settings” tab.
- Tap on “Firmware Update”.
- The app will check for available updates.
Install the Firmware Update
- Tap on “Install Update”.
- The app will download
- After the update is installed, your JLab JBuds Air will restart.
- A firmware update can improve your JLab JBuds Air in several ways, including:
Fixing bugs and security vulnerabilities
- Improving audio quality
- Adding new features
- Improving battery life
It is recommended to check for and install firmware updates for your JLab JBuds Air as they become available.
The importance of keeping the firmware up to date
Keeping your JLab JBuds Air firmware up to date is important for several reasons. First, firmware updates can fix bugs and security vulnerabilities. This can help improve the performance and reliability of your earbuds.
Second, firmware updates can add new features and improve the overall user experience. Third, firmware updates can improve the battery life of your earbuds.
If you’re experiencing any problems with your JLab JBuds Air, a good first step is to check for and install a firmware update. Firmware updates can often fix a variety of issues, such as connectivity issues, audio quality issues, and battery life issues.
Fix 4: Contacting JLab Support
If you’ve tried all of the fixes above and your JLab JBuds Air is still not connecting, you may need to contact JLab Support for further assistance.
JLab support is available via phone, email, and live chat. You can also contact JLab Support through their social media channels.
To contact JLab Support by phone:
- Call 1-800-936-4773.
Contact JLab Support via email:
- Visit the JLab Support website.
- Click the “Contact Us” button.
To contact JLab Support via Live Chat:
- Visit the JLab Support website.
- Click on the “Live Chat” button.
To contact JLab Support via social media:
You can contact JLab Support through their social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How to Reset Jlab Jbuds Air
To reset your JLab JBuds Air, follow these steps:
- Place the earbuds in the charging case.
- Remove “JLab JBuds Air”
- 7x quick tap on an earbud in the charging case. The earbud will blink 4 times in blue.
- 7x quick tap on the other earbud in the charging case. The earbud will blink 4 times in blue.
- Take both earbuds out of the charging case. One earbud will be solid white and the other will be flashing blue/white ready to pair with your device.
After resetting your JBuds Air, you’ll need to pair them with your Bluetooth device again. To do this, simply open your Bluetooth settings and select “JLab JBuds Air”.
If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your JLab JBuds Air, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
First, try resetting your JBuds Air. This can often resolve software bugs and glitches that prevent them from connecting.
Second, check your Bluetooth settings and make sure they are correct. Third, update the firmware on your JLab JBuds Air.
Finally, if you’ve tried all of the above and are still having trouble, contact JLab Support for further assistance.
Welcome to Blushaudio! I’m Bushra, your audio enthusiast and guide. With a deep passion for audio, I provide honest reviews and quick fixes for common audio device problems. My goal is to simplify your audio device selection and enhance your listening experience. Join me on this audio journey, and together, we’ll explore the world of audio with clarity and ease.