I was very excited to receive my new JBL E45BT headphones. I’ve been looking at wireless headphones for a while, and these seemed like the ideal choice. They offered comfort, and a stylish appearance, and were perfect for jogging and jogging. But then, one day, I turned them on and my JBL E45BT Not Turning On.
I only had them for a few weeks, and didn’t know what to do. I researched online and found some possible fixes. My team tried them all and finally managed to get my headphones working again.
In this blog post, I’m going to explore six super easy ways to bring your JBL E45BT headphones back to life. It doesn’t matter if you’re a techie or just someone who enjoys music – these tips will make sense to everyone.
Troubleshooting: JBL E45BT Not Turning On
6 Simple Fixes for Your JBL E45BT That’s Not Turning On
When your trusty JBL E45BT headphones refuse to come to life, it can be a real buzzkill for your music or podcast sessions. But don’t worry, because more often than not, the solution to this problem is within your reach.
Here are six straightforward fixes to try when your JBL E45BT headphones aren’t turning on:
FIX.1 Check the Battery Level
The first and most important step in solving the problem of your JBL E45BT headphones not turning on is to check the battery. These headphones, like many wireless devices, rely on a rechargeable battery to operate. If the battery is dead or not working properly, your headphones won’t turn on.
Connect to charger:
Plug your JBL E45BT headphones into the charger using the supplied USB cable. Make sure the charger is turned on and connected to a power source. Leave the headphones plugged in for at least 15-20 minutes, even if there is no immediate sign of life. Sometimes, a completely dead battery takes a while to react.
Look for charging indicators:
Check the charging indicators on your headphones. Many headphones have LED lights that change color or blink while charging. This may indicate that the headphones are indeed charging.
Try a different charger
If you don’t see any charging indicators, try using a different charger and USB cable, just in case the problem is with the charging accessory. Faulty cables or adapters can sometimes cause problems.
FIX.2 Reset your JBL E45BT headphones
Sometimes, your JBL E45BT headphones may experience a minor software glitch that prevents them from turning on. To deal with this:
- Find the power button on your headphones.
- Hold it down for about 15 seconds.
- Release the button, and then try turning them on again. This process should reset the headphones and possibly fix the problem.
Here are some things to keep in mind when resetting your JBL E45BT headphones:
- A reset will erase all settings on your headphones, including Bluetooth pairing history.
- After the reset, you need to pair your headphones with your device again.
- If you are still experiencing problems after resetting your headphones, you may need to contact JBL Customer Support for further assistance.
FIX.3 Check for physical damage
Physical damage to your JBL E45BT headphones can be a common cause of power issues. Inspecting your headphones for visible damage is critical to effectively solving this problem. Here’s what to look for:
Inspection of the ear cups:
Carefully inspect the ear cups for any cracks or signs of physical damage. Cracked or damaged ear cups can cause electrical problems and hinder proper functionality.
Cable and Connector Examination:
Check the headphone cables and connectors for any visible wear, tears, or loose connections. Damaged wires or connectors can disrupt the power supply to your headphones.
Inspect headphone components, including buttons and switches, for any loose or detached parts. Even the slightest disconnect can prevent your headphones from turning on.
FIX4. Update the firmware
Keeping your JBL E45BT headphones up to date with the latest firmware is essential for optimal performance and troubleshooting potential issues.
Connect your headphones:
Start by connecting your JBL E45BT headphones to your computer or laptop using the supplied USB cable. Ensure a stable and reliable connection.
Visit the JBL website:
Open your web browser and visit JBL’s official website. Go to the Support or Downloads section, where you can get firmware updates for your specific headphone model.
Search for firmware updates:
Use the website’s search or browse function to find firmware updates for your JBL E45BT model.
Download and Install:
Once you find the appropriate firmware update, download it to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update, which may include running an executable file.
Update your headphones:
After the installation is complete, connect your headphones to your computer via USB again. Turn on your headphones, and the firmware update will automatically begin transferring to your device.
Test your headphones:
After the update is successful, disconnect your headphones from the computer and try turning them on. A firmware update can fix any power-related issues and improve overall performance.
By regularly updating the firmware of your JBL E45BT headphones, you ensure that they are equipped with the latest features and improvements, reducing the chance of power issues and enhancing your audio experience.
FIX5. Perform a Factory Reset
If you’ve exhausted other troubleshooting options and your JBL E45BT headphones still refuse to turn on, a factory reset may provide a solution. A factory reset will return your headphones to their default settings, eliminating any potential software issues. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your headphones: If your headphones are on, turn them off to start the factory reset process.
- Also press the volume button: Look for the volume “+” and volume “-” buttons on your headphones. Hold both these buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- Confirmation: After holding the buttons, you will see a light indicator or hear a sound that confirms the factory reset. This indicates that your headphones have been successfully reset to their original settings.
- Power on: Now, try to turn on your headphones. A factory reset should have resolved any lingering issues, and your headphones should power up as expected.
FIX6.Contacting Customer Support
When you’ve exhausted all efforts to restore your JBL E45BT headphones, it’s time to consider contacting JBL’s customer support. Contact them when your headphones are under warranty, as they may offer a warranty replacement or repair.
Even if your headphones are out of warranty, JBL’s customer support can provide guidance on possible solutions or recommend authorized service centers for repairs. Persistent technical issues that keep getting worse are also clear signs that expert help may be necessary.
To contact JBL customer support, start by visiting their official website, where you can often find dedicated support sections with resources, FAQs, and contact information.
You may have options such as contacting phone support, email support, live chat, or social media.
Remember to provide detailed information about the problem, have your product information ready, be patient and polite, and follow their directions carefully. JBL’s customer support is here to help you resolve technical issues and ensure your headphones are in working order again.
Tips to prevent future problems:
Preventing future problems with your JBL E45BT headphones is important to ensure their longevity and consistent performance. Here are some valuable tips to help you maintain your headphones and avoid future problems:
- Clean your headphones regularly with a clean, soft cloth to remove dirt, sweat, and oil. Clean the ear cushions and headband regularly to prevent build-up.
- When you’re not using your headphones, store them in a protective case or in a clean, dry place. It prevents dust, moisture, and accidental damage.
- Extreme heat or cold can affect battery life and overall performance. Avoid exposing your headphones to extreme temperature conditions.
- Always disconnect your headphones from your audio source (e.g. smartphone, computer) after use. This prevents unnecessary power drains and ensures that they are ready when you need them.
- Charge your headphones using a compatible charger and avoid overcharging.
- Make sure you’re using the supplied cables and chargers or high-quality alternatives. Inferior accessories can damage your headphones.
- Handle the buttons, switches, and controls of your headphones with care. Avoid pressing too hard, which can cause damage.
- If the ear cushions start to show signs of wear, consider replacing them. Worn cushions can affect sound quality and comfort.
Related: How to Clean Sennheiser Headphones
Read My Final Thoughts
Having problems with your JBL E45BT headphones not turning on can be frustrating, but these five simple solutions should help you fix the problem.
Remember to maintain your headphones regularly and keep them updated to enjoy uninterrupted audio bliss. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to JBL Customer Support for further assistance.
Welcome to Blushaudio! I’m Bushra, your audio enthusiast and guide. With a deep passion for audio, I provide honest reviews and quick fixes for common audio device problems. My goal is to simplify your audio device selection and enhance your listening experience. Join me on this audio journey, and together, we’ll explore the world of audio with clarity and ease.