The headphone band is part of the headphones that go around on your head and hold the ear cups. It is made of plastic. The regular wear of headphones can break easily. When the plastic breaks up, it becomes difficult to wear the headphones, It also spoils the sound quality. If your headphone plastic broke and you are thinking of buying a new one instead of repairing it, then it is not a good idea. You can fix your broken headphones plastic.
If you want to fix your broken headphones plastic, then you have come to the right place. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to fix your broken headphones plastic.
Causes a Broken Headphone plastic
There are several reasons why headphone plastic can break
- Overuse is one of the most common causes of broken headphone plastic. If you use your headphones more than necessary, they can break soon.
- Physical damage: If you accidentally drop your headphones or apply more force on the plastic, they can break easily.
- Low Quality: Some headphone plastic are made of low-quality material. Such headphones are not capable of everyday use, they break soon.
Learn How to fix Broken Headphones plastic
By following these steps you can Repair your headphone’s plastic
- By using tape(Duct Tape, Electrical Tap, or masking tape will work)
- By using glue (Super and Elmores’s glue)
- By using plastic cable ties
- Using super glue +Backing Soda
Step-1: By using Tape
Here are a few stages you can follow:
- Clean the area of the headphone plastic that you want to fix. This will help the tape stick better.
- Cut a piece of sufficiently long tape to fold over the broken part of the headphone plastic.
- Wrap the tap over the broken part and ensure the wrapping is free from any bubbles or wrinkles.
- Once you have applied enough tap to cover the break, cut the tape over the edge with the help of scissors. Finally, test the headphones.
It is just a temporary way to <strong>fix broken headphone plastic.
Read more: Jabra headset answer button not working
Step-2:By using glue (super and Elmore’s glue)
Here it would help if you had some ingredient
- glue(Super glue +Elmore’s glue)
- pair of scissors
- A piece of fabric or paper towel
This is the very thing you want to do:
- Clean the region around the break on the headphone plastic with a fabric or paper towel.
- Cut a little piece of fabric or paper towel and put it over the break.
- Apply a limited quantity of super glue or Elmore’s glue to the break, trying to cover the whole region. Do not use too much glue.
- Hold the headphone plastic set up until the glue dries. This will generally require a few minutes.
When the glue has dried, you might be able to use your broken headphones plastic.
Step-3:By using plastic cable ties
You will need the following material:
- Plastic cable ties
Here is the following step to follow:
- Firstly, Identify the broken part of the headphone plastic.
- Cut two pieces of plastic cable tie that is enough to wrap around the damaged part of the headphone plastic.
- Place the cable tie around the broken region of the headphone plastic pull it tight, and get it set up.
Test the fixed headphone plastic to guarantee that it is secure and comfortable.
Step-4:Using superglue +Baking soda
- Clean the broken part of the headphones with a soft cloth.
- Mix a small amount of backing soda with the super glue to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the broken region of the headphone plastic, utilizing a toothpick or a little brush to spread it uniformly.
- Hold the broken pieces together while the glue sets. it may take a few minutes.
When the paste is dry, delicately twist the headphone plastic to guarantee that it is secure. if it is secure then you can use your headphone plastic.
Must read: Bluetooth headphones only work when charging
If you do not understand the steps of this article very well, then you can fix broken headphones plastic by watching this video
Bowers and Wilkins headphones not turning on
If you have trouble with your Bowers and Wilkins headphones that not turning on, don’t be depressed. You may be able to solve your problem by following these tips:
The first method you should apply to your headphones is to clean the answer button of your headphones. If the answer button is clean then connect your headphone to the charger and make sure your headphone is fully charged.
How to fix broken headphones on one side
You can try a few things to fix broken headphones on one side.
- Check the headphone cable: First, check the headphone cable that is not bent or damaged. If the audio cable is damaged then you need to replace it.
- Check for connection: If the headphone cable is not damaged, ensure the headphones are well plugged into the audio source.
- Check for any debris: If the problem persists, check your headphones for any debris. If there is any dirt in the headphone jack, clean it with the help of a cloth.
- Restart the device: If none of the above solutions helped, the last solution is to reset the headphones. If still the issue, maybe the problem is with the headphones themselves.
How to fix headphones with no sound
Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check the volume on your device is turned up
- Check the headphones are properly plugged in and that the connection is secure
- Check the audio settings
- Check that the audio jack is clean
- Check the software updated
If the problem persists, you must call the manufacturer for further assistance.
In another case, if the headphone is beeping the setting will change.
How to fix broken headphones’ plastic?
To fix a broken headphone plastic, you need a few tools and materials like super glue, a Heat gun, or a plastic welding kit.
- Using super glue or plastic cement: Firstly, You need to clean the area around the break and apply a small amount of glue or cement on the broken part of the band. Hold the broken pieces together, so that the glue dries.
- Heat gun or hair dryer: By using a heat gun or dryer, heat the plastic until it melts, then press the broken pieces together. Press the spot until it dries.
- Using tape: Wrap tape around the damaged area to hold the piece together.
How to fix broken headphone wires?
There are a few ways to fix a broken headphone wire
- Electrical Tape: You can hold the wire together by using electrical tape.
- Soldering: This is another way to hold the wire together. if the wire is broken near the jack or plug, you can try soldering the wires back together. This will require some basic soldering skills.
- Replace the cable: If none of the above steps are helpful, or the problem persists, you may need to replace the cables. you can buy a new cable online.
In conclusion, Fixing your broken headphone plastic is an uncomplicated task if you have access to the damaged part of your headphone plastic. Follow the essential steps to repair and replace your broken headphone plastic.
You can fix it with adhesive tape, or superglue, and replace the headphone plastic. With these steps, you can save money on buying a new pair of headphones and extend the life of your current headphones.
Remember, These are just temporary fixes, But they will work for a short time. For a long-term solution, it is best to purchase a new pair of headphones.
Welcome to Blushaudio! I’m Bushra, your audio enthusiast and guide. With a deep passion for audio, I provide honest reviews and quick fixes for common audio device problems. My goal is to simplify your audio device selection and enhance your listening experience. Join me on this audio journey, and together, we’ll explore the world of audio with clarity and ease.